This Caramel Apple Mousse Cake is to die for yummy! I made this for a work party one year and literally it was all gone by the end of the day. I highly encourage you to make this cake during the Fall, when it’s just starting to turn chilly outside. The smells of the apples and toasted pecans will make you feel like you have died and gone to apple heaven! Below you will find the instructions on how to create this wonderful treat.
How to Make the Cake
- 1 spice cake mix
- ¾ cup apple sauce (healthier version instead of using oil)
- ½ cup milk
- 4 eggs
- ⅓ cup oil
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
How to Make the Caramel Mousse Filling
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 16 oz whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup caramel dip
How to Make the Toppings
- ½ cup caramel dip
- ½ cup toasted pecans
- Combine cake mix, apple sauce, milk, eggs and oil.
- Stir in chopped apples.
- Divide batter between two greased, round cake pans.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese.
- Add caramel dip, beat until smooth.
- Beat in powdered sugar.
- Fold in whipped topping.
Caramel Apple Mousse Cake
- Allow the cakes to cool before cutting them in half.
- Spread ¼ of the caramel mousse on each of the 4 layers.
- Spread caramel dip over the top layer of mousse and allow it to drip down the sides. Melt the caramel in the microwave beforehand, if needed.
- Top the cake with toasted pecans.