J and I have attempted at making Pad Thai so many times it’s insane! We never could get the perfect combination of noodle to sauce to spicy ratio that one gets from ordering this wonderful peanut dish from an actual Thai restaurant. So we decided to put our heads together and look at all the recipes and figure out what they all had in common and what we could improve on. Below you will find the ingredients and directions of what we improvised to create by far the best Pad Thai Recipe you can make at home. This dish will make 2 servings and takes a total of 20 minutes. This meal is also perfect for leftovers the next day! *This recipe contains peanuts so please be advised if you are allergic*
- 8 1/2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 6 1/2 tablespoons of soy-sauce
- 6 1/2 tablespoons of white sugar
- 4 tablespoons of chili sauce (if you like it spicy, add more)
- 1 pound of fettuccine noodles
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of peanut oil
- meat of your choice (we used 1 chicken breast that was diced)
- 4 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons of peanuts (whole, halved, or chopped)
- 2 cups of beansprouts
- 2 green onions (sliced)
- 1/2 cup of dried cilantro (fresh can be used as well)
- 2 zucchini diced
- 2 green bell pepper diced
- Cook the noodles as directed on the box until they are Al Dente (can be cooked a little longer if you like your noodles a little bit softer).
- Meanwhile, heat the lime juice, soy-sauce, sugar, and chili sauce in a sauce pan over medium high heat until the sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- Heat half of the peanut oil in a medium frying pan and cook the meat with the minced garlic. This should take about 2-3 minutes.
- Once the noodles are cooked, drain and return back to pot and add the heated sauce to the noodles and move to the side.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a skillet and add the egg to cook. Add the peanuts, beansprouts, bell pepper, zucchini, onions, and any other vegetables of your choosing to cook all the way through.
- Once the vegetables are cooked add the noodles to the skillet with the cilantro and stir fry until everything is well blended and cooked through.
- Dish onto a plate, sprinkle more peanuts, lime juice and cilantro to the finished product and enjoy!