Halloween is seriously one of my most favorite holidays! I love the scary movies, the decorations, cold weather and dressing up! So in honor of my favorite holiday, I’ve decided to post an amazing cocktail! The Candy Corn Jello Shot. Now, this is not your ordinary jello shot, it’s layered to look just like a candy corn and you can actually enjoy it without cringing every time you down one of these tasty treats! Plus, everyone loves candy corn, right!?
- 1 small box of orange flavored jell0 (3 oz)
- 3 envelopes of Knox unflavored gelatin
- 7 oz of sweetened condensed milk or 1/2 of a 14 oz can
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of vanilla or cake vodka
- yellow food coloring
- tall shot glasses
You will make both the first and last layer and you will need to save half of this mixture for the end.
1. Pour 1 cup of water into a small saucepan and combine 2 packets of the unflavored gelatin into the water. Warm the water and gelatin over a low heat, stirring occasionally, until all the gelatin has dissolved (about 5 minutes). Remove pan from the heat and add 1/2 your can of condensed milk to the mixture. Stir until the ingredients combine. Add 2/3 cup vanilla vodka. Cover and set aside half of your milk mixture (you’ll add food coloring to it and use it as your last layer later). Evenly distribute the first half of your mixture throughout your 20 shots (just don’t fill them more than 1/3 of the way full). Refrigerate your shots until firm (30-40 minutes).
2. When the first layer is firm, pour another 1 cup of water into your saucepan and add 1 packet of gelatin to make your middle layer. Warm the water until the gelatin dissolves, remove from heat, and stir in the box of orange Jell-O until that dissolves as well. Add 1/3 cup vanilla vodka. Evenly distribute orange layer on top of white layer and refrigerate until chilled.
3.When your orange layer is solid, retrieve the second half of your milk mixture that you set aside in the first step and add in a few drops of yellow food coloring. If the mixture has already started to set, put it in the microwave until warm and still until the lumps dissolve. Distribute your yellow layer on top of the orange and put it back into the fridge until set.